Ensto LVDC Microgrid solution improves distribution reliability and brings tenfold increase in capacity
Ensto LVDC (low voltage direct current) enables e.g. independent electricity network branch with microgrid functionality, interconnectivity with renewable energies and energy storages.
The demand for higher quality electricity, the call for more reliable distribution as well as increasing local production, such as in the form of solar energy, has resulted in utilities facing new challenges when building and balancing their distribution networks. LVDC solves the most pressing problems, like a lack of capacity, power losses, poor quality electricity, unbalance loads and variations in voltage or frequency. LVDC solution is a cost-efficient way of upgrading or building future-proof networks.
Ensto’s LVDC solution will:
- Improve the quality and reliability of electricity distribution.
- Allow local power generation while connecting renewable energy to the grid.
- Eliminate non commercial losses and reactive power.
- Maximize distribution capacity.
- Support the ability of end users and producers to participate actively in the electricity market.