The LYNX 3400s are illuminated directional detectors of fault current for underground MV networks.
They are installed on networks where non-directional detectors are ineffective:
- Networks compensated by Petersen coil
- Networks with high earth leakage current
They have a three-fold role:
- Detect fault current and then validate the actual existence of the fault.
- Determine the nature of the fault: phase-earth single-phase or polyphase of any nature.
- Signal by colour code to field repair crews the fault nature and the section where it is located.
LYNX 3400s are associated with three current sensors and three voltage sensors.
LYNX 3400s is conform to new ERDF specification: H-M2A-2006-02922-FR